There’s just something so refreshing about the scent of a lemon and lemon-y scented cousin. The uplifting and fresh fragrance feels especially great in the warmer months. Maybe that’s why L’OCCITANE has used a lemony-cented Cedrat from Corsica, France as the focus of it’s latest men’s grooming collection, which just launched June 8th.
The Cedrat is a cedrat lemon, not a true lemon, although it is related to both lemons and limes. The Cedrat liqueur made in Corsica is hard to find elsewhere and it is candied, but the actual fruit is too bitter to eat “as-is.” However, the scent is fabulous! The Cedrat extract that was derived from the pulp was coveted for its skin-energizing properties and it’s still harvested by L’OCCITANE during the winter months on the island of Corsica at a small, organic cooperative.
Now the Corsican Cedrat is being introduced into eight new men’s grooming products, all formulated with organic Corsican Cedrat extract. Men will love the fragrance, but there are body benefits too, including hydrating properties and anti-shine (really good when the weather warms up and skin gets “shiny”). Although Father’s Day has just passed, it’s not to late to gift your favorite guy with these brand new beauty goodies.
Cedrat Skincare Products:
• Pure Cleanser Energizing Scrub ($22) – 150ml: cleanses the skin with natural exfoliating particles derived from lemon rind to effectively remove impurities and dead skin cells for a more refined texture.Skin will appear clean, soft and purified. Lather on wet skin with an emphasis on the T-zone.
• Face Gel ($42) – 50ml: a multi-benefit moisturizer that helps to refine skin texture, neutralize excess sebum, and visibly reduce signs of fatigue. Its light, gel texture is quickly absorbed, leaving skin matte, clear and fresh. Apply daily on a cleansed face.
• Shaving Gel ($20) – 150ml: this fresh gel transforms into silky foam for a precise and comfortable shave for all types of facial hair. It protects skin from the razor blade and helps reduce the sensations of irritation and tightness, leaving skin clear, soft and energized. Lather on wet skin, shave and rinse thoroughly.
• After-Shave Gel ($34) – 75ml: this soothing gel helps to hydrate and soothe skin after a shave. It helps to reduce feelings of irritation and tightness caused by shaving, while helping to tone and protect skin from external aggressions. Apply on the face and neck after shaving.
Cedrat Body Care & Fragrance Products:
• Eau de Toilette ($58) – 100ml: a flask-style bottle featuring lacquered, colored glass resembles the appearance and freshness of the cedrat fruit, while the silver label adds a chic and elegant touch. Spritz on body as often as desired to achieve a delicate, citrus fragrance that perfumes the body. The lemony scent dries down soft and clean smelling!
• Stick Deodorant ($18) – 75g: this round, perfectly sized, stick deodorant, glides easily over the skin without leaving any traces. Designed to prevent unpleasant body odors, it dries fast to provide a feeling of freshness, and helps to perfume the skin with energizing notes of cedrat, with an alcohol and aluminum-free, non-sticky formula. Stick deodorants are great for travel as they won’t make a mess or leak in your bag.
• Shower Gel ($20) – 250ml: a multi- purpose, one step shower gel for the body and hair that gently cleanses while leaving a fresh, masculine scent that leaves a woody wake. Enriched with organic Corsican cedrat extract for its energizing properties, lather with water to invigorate skin and bring suppleness and shine to hair. Warm water intensifies the lemony scent, making every day a “spa” day. Use this as a shampoo for hair as well as body, and save room in your luggage when you travel.
• Body Soap ($7) – 100g: formulated with a soft vegetal base, this body soap cleanses and perfumes the skin with fresh energizing notes. Put one in your guest bathroom….impressive and good for both male and female visitors.
The unique thing about this the L’OCCITANE Cedrat products is that some if not all of these products are really unisex, or share-able both at home and on the road. The scent is masculine, but not so much that a woman would feel uncomfortable wearing Cedrat. The fragrance is simply citrus, with top notes of bergamot and citrus, heart notes of nutmeg and blue ginger, and base notes of cedar and cashmere wood. The result is “manly” but light enough (even in the Eau de Toilette which is the most concentrated of the products) that it’s the lemony notes that come through more than the spices and woods and the scent dissipates in the bath and body products after you’ve enjoyed them for a short while anyway. Only the Eau de Toilette really “sticks around” for a prolonged length of time.
When my husband and I travel these days, especially if it’s for more than a week, we’ve taken to sharing full sized products (stashed in our checked bags) because that way we only have to take one set of everything and there’s always enough. Another bonus is that our luggage is a lot lighter on the way home, since we’re not carrying back two sets of half-used products. We’ll finish up what we didn’t use on the next trip, or at home. While a man’s skin is thicker and has different issues than a woman’s so I would leave the skincare just to your special guy, the deodorant, shaving Gel, Shower Gel (also good for hair as well as body) and even the Eau de Toilette are all easily share-able. Ditto the body soap bar (you’ll need a carry case or a zip lock bag for this one if you travel with it) .
You can get this fabulous collection, and much more, at your favorite L’OCCITANE boutiques nationwide and online at usa.loccitane.com