Dolce & Gabbana: Livin La Dolce Vita for Spring 2016
Flowered frocks, selfies on the runway: you have to check out Dolce & Gabbana’s super colorful ready to wear Spring Summer 2016 Collection from Milan fashion week.
Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana celebrate the Italian “Dolce Vita”. For the occasion, they have recreated a decor of a little square with its fruit & veg grocery store. And on the stage is a multitude of proposals with some dresses more elegant than others. It’s a selection of embroidery, colours, patterns and prints, straight skirts, flared dresses, and others more fitted to the body. Each piece looks unique and extremely luxurious. Accessorized with a head scarf and smartphone in hand, these beautiful Italian ladies have fun taking selfies, shown on the screens that line the stage. A long tunic blouse has fluidity and lightness or a satin silk pyjama set is decorated with flowers. Certain prints or embroideries suggest holiday destinations: Capri, Portofino and Venice … You totally escape … It’s joyful, summery, elegant, colourful. A great tribute to Italy and its renowned ‘know-how’ craftsmanship. Love Italia!
Beauty Bonus: HAIR LOOKS FROM ONE OF OUR FAVES: GUIDO AND REDKEN
The look at Dolce this season is very soft and romantic. It’s very easy, almost like you were an American on holiday in Italy and you just threw your hair up for the evening. I used Redken’s wind blown 05 to get that gorgeous texture, and then gathered the hair up into a high ponytail, twisting it into a messy chignon. It’s very soft around the hairline with the little baby hairs pulled out, and I added just a bit of height at the crown to soften the silhouette. I finished the look by placing different types of crowns, scarves and beautiful hairpieces throughout the hair to enhance the charm.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
- Start by spraying Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
- Use a round natural-bristle brush to blow-dry hair straight.
- Lightly spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray all over hair to enhance natural texture.
- Create a short center part with fingers.
- Use fingers to gather hair into a high ponytail at the crown of the head and secure with an elastic, leaving some baby hairs and random pieces out in the front.
- Twist the length of the ponytail into a messy chignon and secure with hair pins.