Fall Fashion Trends You Will Want, Actually, Adore!
by Julia Dragos
Here are my Fashion suggestion must-haves for Fall 2015:
1. Geometric prints: We would think that in fashion geometry is useless but where would be the fun without geometric prints? These sorts of prints can always make your outfit a standout. No matter what age you are be sure you have at least one sweater or top with this print.
2. Tall Boots: This has been a must have for such a long time, but the trend isn’t over yet. They are so IN. I think by now everybody has at least one pair, but do you know how to wear them today? (look below for some styling tips).
3. Sleeveless Jackets: In this season, jackets are the statement pieces in every outfit. If the weather is a little bit warmer today, give the usual jacket a break and wear something really trendy like a sleeveless jacket with a sweater beneath. For those who need to know, a sleeveless jacket is like a vest, but usually made with more substantial material.
4. Oversized Jewels: Wearing jewelry is definitely a female favorite and for many, a “I won’t leave the house without” choice. If decades ago subtle necklaces were “the thing,” nowadays, an over-sized necklace or bracelet can take your look from “so-so” to gloriously glowing, in a second.
5. Capes: Besides the usual coats, you have another option to keep you warm: capes. They are great for women of all ages, and you can work them with everything. I like capes with jeans and tall boots but they also work with a suit, or even an evening gown. You can’t look chic if you are shivering, so keep your body heat in, with this season’s fashion trend — a cape.
6. Color: As I said right up front, color is the most important must -have of the season. When it comes to sweaters, accessories and outerwear, stay warm and have fun with color.
If you’re excited about these trends, but you aren’t quite sure how to wear them, I’ve put together a photo that will give you some mix and match ideas for styling some everyday outfits. I’ve created four outfits that will make you look stylish any day of the week.
If you want to look chic but want to keep things simple, mix a pair of tall boots, jeans, a sweater or a shirt and a cape (first look on the left).
The second second look offers another styling idea for the tall boots. This look is a bit more elegant but still really simple to create. The midi skirt adds a feminine touch while the long sleeves keep you warm.
The next two outfits are perfect for work and highlight this season’s colors. The first sweater brings color and the pencil skirt gives it a professional look. The sweater in the second look has stripes (or another Fall trend, big checks) and is in the color Marsala, one of the colors we love for Fall. Combine it with some wide pants and a sleeveless jacket and voila, a great stylish outfit for this season.
I hope some of these colors, trends and looks will inspire you. How will you style yourself for Fall 2015? You can find all of my suggestions in your hometown, fairly easily, but I’m also including links to the item I’ve suggested, in case you are in love with one of them and want that piece, specifically:
*Editors Note: thanks to Julia Dragos for this exclusive feature for advicesisters.com. The Advice Sisters look forward to more features from this talented fashion blogger. To learn more about Julia Dragos, visit our Columnists/Contributors page.