It is Mother’s Day. My mom died almost two decades ago, so mother’s day hasn’t always been a day of celebration for me, but it’s a day that I do remember the woman who gave birth to me and my twin sister. Your mother is, and always will be, your mother. That’s why when a dear friend of mine whose mother recently passed away told me sadly that she no longer had a mother, I disagreed. Your mother is always part of you, no matter where you are and even if she is only with you in mind and spirit.
So Happy Mother’s day to every woman who is a mother, and every woman who has a mother…and that would be all of us!
And while we’re thinking of all those special women today, here are some beauty posts from the Beauty Blog Coalition, including one from The Advice Sisters that we posted this week that’s not a beauty post, but a video recap of the glamorous Met Gala. We weren’t there, but this one shows some of the excitement. I hope you enjoy it!
- Slashed Beauty: Need an effective way to organize your makeup collection? Miranda shows us how we can use things we already have in our house!
- Glamorable!: One of Europe’s leading nail polish brands is now available in the US!Check out Anastasia’s swatches and review of Alessandro products.
- TheFabZilla: Prepare to be mesmerized with the most exquisite creation to grace makeuplandia: Guerlain Terracota Sun Celebration Bronzing Powder & Blush 30th Anniversary Edition
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Lipstick Queen Sinner 90 Percent Pigment in Pinky Nude is the perfect must-have nude that is infinitely wearable!
- D.G.S.Beauty: Trind Cosmetics continues to amaze me with their nailpolish remover and nail treatment kit. Check out D.G.S.Beauty’s reviews.
- Beauty by Miss L: Simple yellow & purple dotted and striped manicure.
- beautyXposÃ©: Looking for a nail polish to brighten your mood? Snatch up Lâ€™Orealâ€™s Tangerine Crush.
- Geniabeme: See Geniabeme’s Radiant Orchid inspired look!
- Lipgloss Break: Step by step instructions on how to get the ‘Signature Straight’ hair style with John Frieda Frizz Ease products.
- Makeup Life and Love: Time to start feeling like a Diva with a new pampering find by Pure Natural Diva Botanicals. Keep reading and see what Jamie is currently loving by the brand…
- My Highest Self: Tina had the chance to try Briogeo hair products and they were a real savior for damaged hair!
- Never Say Die Beauty: Pure Natural Diva’s natural perfume & body products are heavenly and great for those with scent allergies
- Advice Sisters Beauty/Fashion/Lifestyle: It’s more Fashion than Beauty but the Advice Sisters Love this video of the Met Gala
- BeautyTidbits: Check out the review and swatches of Essence Cosmetics Spring 2014 collection!
- Be Happy And Buy Polish: Looking to spice up your manicure? Jessica shows how to do so by just adding some studs and dots!
- I Know all the Words: Celebrate mom memories with Nivea Creme and a giveaway!
This week on Leather and Lace Advice: Our reader question of the week on leather and Lace Advice this week is a going to touch a nerve with anyone over “a certain age” who wonders (as does our reader) why men bypass women who are 40+ and fabulous, to date girls closer to their daughter’s age? And for those women who think it would be so much fun to pull an “Anna Nicole” you might think twice. Alison and Tony give our reader some sound advice in why do older men want to date younger women? #Dating &Love
I have also added a new radio segment to the Leather and Lace Advice & Spice press page. On What’s Good Wit Willy Alison Blackman aka. “Lace” talks all about horrifyingly bad dates, online dating, sexy search terms and what’s on the top of our seach term list (it might surprise you)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week. And support my work please by following me on twitter, facebook, and subscribing to our feeds on advicesisters.net, leatherandlaceadvice.com and leatherandlacespice.com many thanks.