Last week I had the unique honor of being the officiant at the wedding of two exceptional friends, at the Horned Dorset Primavera resort in Rincon, Puerto Rico. But when I had to shop for a dress, I was stumped. I was not just the officiant, I was a guest. It really got me thinking about what’s appropriate for weddings not just at destinations, but for this season’s upcoming special events. So this weekend, I am working on get the look fashion features for those of you who might also be wondering what to wear for those upcoming wedding and graduations. Lands Ends has graciously sent me a head to toe look that works for women of just about any body type or age, depending upon how you style it.
While I’m working on this feature, here are some beauty posts from the Beauty Blog Coalition, including one from The Advice Sisters that we did this week on TRESemmé’s latest pro-style products that are for beer and peanuts budgets. I hope you enjoy them.
..and while I have your attention, our reader question of the week on leather and Lace Advice is from a woman whose boyfriend is habitually late (who says it is women who always keep men waiting)? When you are going to a wedding, graduation or other special event, you cannot ever be late!! If you have a friend/colleague/family member/spouse/etc. who doesn’t seem to keep track of time, you will want to check out Tony and my advice on our feature: How Can I Deal With Someone Who is Always Late?
- TheFabZilla: Do you like rose-scented products? Lippy lover Kathryne from TheFabZilla reviews Bite Beauty Deconstructed Rose in Crimson. Love or leave? Find out.
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Stylo No. 6 is the perfect mauve beige nude that is simply gorgeous!
- My Highest Self: In need of a new acne spot treatment? Read Tina’s review of the new Dr. Lin Skincare Acne Spot Corrector!
- Slashed Beauty: Have you wanted to try your hand at nail art, but don’t have the tools? Find out how to use a bobby pin to create a dotticure!
- D.G.S.Beauty: Check out D.G.S.Beauty’s swatches and reviews of three nail polishes from Trind Cosmetic’s Spring/Summer Collection Beauty and the Beach.
- I Know all the Words: Does Sally Hansen Gel Polish really last for two weeks? Bailey put it to the test.
- Geniabeme: Corals and Peach lippies are in this season! Come see my picks for this season!
- My Newest Addiction: Laura from my newest addiction tells us how Olay Fresh Effects Dew Over! keeps her looking fresh and fabulous with no sleep required!
- Makeup Life and Love: Ever heard of powder before foundation? Jamie shows us a helpful tip to keep foundation locked in place all day long.
- Beauty by Miss L: Very simple nail art for short nails.
- Spontaneous Chick: Head to Spontaneous Chick to read her Moroccan Hammam Review and enter to win your very own full sized kit.
- Advice Sisters Beauty Fashion and Lifestyle Web Site: Who doesn’t love pro-style products at peanut budget prices?
- Never Say Die Beauty: Enter to win NeoCell Collagen & Hyaluronic Acid Supplements & Beauty Bursts, great for healthy skin and joints
- Lipgloss Break: Enter to win a set of Epic Blend Lip Balms – Vegan & Gluten Free!
- BeautyTidbits: Looking for a luxurious gift idea for Mother’s day? Perlier Honey Miel Royal Elixir Serum makes a delightfully decadent skincare treat!
- Citizens of Beauty: Pamper your skin with a DIY Papaya Enzyme mask and scrub!
- In Her Makeup Bag: Stephanie is loving her POPSUGAR Must Have NatureBox snacks! Find out how you can get this box for 50% off.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a great week. And support my work please by following me on twitter, facebook, and subscribing to our feeds on advicesisters.net, leatherandlaceadvice.com and leatherandlacespice.com many thanks.