There were lots of hits, and a few misses last night at the Academy Awards, but Jenny Balding, Cutler/Redken Stylist (and mine!) shares her favorite Oscar styles and steps for how we can recreate these looks for our own “red carpet moments”
- Ask your stylist for a cut just above your shoulder with a very subtle slant towards the front
- Part your hair into a deep side part, whichever side suits your face shape best.
- Blow dry smooth and straight. Slightly bevel the ends so it is not stick straight.
- Finish by using Redken Diamond Oil Airy mist for glossy finish.
- Create a precise middle part
- Blow dry using a large round brush creating a wave throughout the mid-length to the ends.
- Take the section in front of the ear on both sides and smooth back into a small ponytail at the nape.
- With a small oval type brush , blend the back and front together.
- Mist Redken Fashion Works hairspray throughout for versatile hold and shine.