Has another week come and gone already? Yes, it has! The Beauty Blog Coalition writers have been hard at work choosing their favorite posts, and so have The Advice Sisters. This week, we’re including one on Laura Mercier’s gorgeous holiday goodies. Some are super-luxe, and some are super-affordable. The great thing about beauty gifts this holiday season is that you don’t have to spend a fortune to make someone feel very special — and that includes yourself! In the coming weeks, The Advice Sisters will be posting a bunch of gift guides with suggestions to make everyone’s holidays “merry & bright” at different price points, and for different interests. I hope you’ll subscribe to our RSS feed, our Twitter handle (@advicesisters) and check this page often, to see what’s new. Here’s are some fun posts for you to read from other beauty blogs and web sites1
- Mama Fashionista: Better late than never! Quinn shares her October Favorites!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: Do shiny new makeup collections cause you to neglect a lot of your makeup? If so, join me in #projectmakeadent!
- Painted Ladies: In need of a nail intervention? Sheila has 3 products under $10 that will make your nails look amazing.
- TheFabZilla: Professional MUA Eddie Funkhouser finally launched his online store. Check out TheFabZilla’s review and FOTD feat. some Eddie Funkhouser makeups!
- D.G.S.Beauty: Arganesse Hair Treatment Review
- My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog: Exfoliation is so important in the colder months and Laura from My Newest Addiction shows us a great exfoliator from G.M. COLLIN!
- Beauty by Miss L: MADARA is Latvian eco-friendly beauty brand and this week Miss L reviewed their Purifying Foam.
- Glamorable!: Anastasia is really loving facial serum-oils during the colder months. Check out her latest discovery – ko denmark Anti-Aging Rosehip & Evening Primrose Face Serum.
- In Her Makeup Bag: The gorgeous Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes may be sold out online, but Stephanie explains why she thinks you NEED to hunt it down in stores.
- The Advice Sisters Beuaty/Fashion/Lifestyle: The Advice Sisters are loving Laura Mercier’s Pretty, Cheerful Holiday Beauty Goodies
- Fabulous Awesomeness: Mina Slater shows off polish for fashionistas with her swatches from The Fashion Week Collection by Mischo Beauty Luxury Nail Lacquer.
- Slashed Beauty: Miranda breaks down the different types of mascaras to choose from in her Mascara Guide for Makeup Beginners
- My Highest Self: Ode to Roses with LUSH! â€“ Rose Jam Shower Gel, Eau Roma Toner Water, Bare Naked Lady Dusting Powder
- BeautyTidbits: Enter to win the Aquaphor Cold Weather Skin Prep Package and $50 Visa Gift Card Giveaway over at BeautyTidbits!
AND SPEAKING OF NEW!
COMING SOON, LEATHER AND LACE SPICE — We are also putting the final touches on another relationship advice website called Leather and Lace SPICE. This site will have a similar format to Leather and Lace Advice, but it will havew content of a more mature nature not quite suitable for younger readers (you will have to be of legal age to enter the site). While it will be tasteful, and serious (not pornographic), my partner Tony and I feel that there are valid issues that are of importance to adults and that they need to be represented online in a thoughtful and intelligent manner, but also with humor and fun. This need is not being addressed online very well, so we’re going to do it! Some of what we will feature on Leather and Lace SPICE might be offensive to people who are not open minded. We are respectful of our readers but we don’t legislate people’s morals or values. If you want to know when Leather and Lace SPICE is live, follow us on Twitter @leatherlacspice and we’ll let you know when it’s ready for viewing.
I welcome your suggestions on my websites. In fact, I would really, really, really like to hear from you! You can contact me via advicesisters, leather and lace advice using our contact forms.
Alison Blackman Dunham