Who doesn’t love Star Trek? Most of us grew up with the show. It’s hard to believe it’s been around in a variety of forms for 50 years.
Having just seen the new movie with a young cast playing the roles of the original “crew” we fell in love with Star Trek and all it’s quirkiness all over again.
Now MAC Cosmetics pays homage to the 50th anniversary of Star Trek with a collection that is “out of this world.”
MAC Cosmetics says of it’s collection: ” Spanning half a century, Star Trek and its loyal fans cross decades, influencing ideas and aesthetics of gender, race and intergalactic potential. As the sci-fi saga continues, delight in the beauty of exploration as M·A·C and Star Trek’s latest cinema generation joins forces in an exclusive makeup collaboration of astral hues.”
We are including photos of everything except for the faux lashes and the two makeup brushes. A
Demand is high for these products (naturally, collectors are going to snap them up asap) but the Advice Sisters got their hands on two pieces A fabulous glittery gold nail lacquer called: “Holla Deck” (two coats gilds your nails like crushed stars) and an equally glittery gold eye liner “Pure Show” that will turn heads (alien or otherwise).
50th Anniversary Logo
The rest of the colors in the collection are equally glamorous, but still wearable.
Each product has a silver chevron with “50” on it.
These are going to fly off shelves and the MAC Cosmetics Web Site at warp speed!
MAC Star Trek Fall 2016 Collection
Lipstick – $18.50 US / $22.50 CAD
- Enemy Within – neutral gold shimmer (Frost)
- Where No man Has Gone Before – pink with gold pearl (Lustre)
- Kling-It-On – deep purple with fine pink glitter (Frost)
- LLAP – icy rose champagne (Frost)
Lipglass – $17.00 US / $20.50 CAD
- Pleasure Planet – muted gold (Shimmer)
- Khaaannnn! – berry with red reflects
- Set to Stun – light silver with gold pearl
- Warp Speed Ahead – plum with blue and pink reflects
Trip The Light Fantastic Powder – $34.00 US / $39.50 CAD – North America Exclusive
- Luna Luster – sheer wash of soft rose shimmer
- Strange New Worlds – sheer wash of golden coral pearl
- Highly Illogical – sheer wash of golden plum with fine pearl
Pressed Pigmented Eyeshadows – $23.00 US / $27.50 CAD – North America Exclusive
- To Boldly Go – reddish copper with sparkle (Frost)
- Midnight – cobalt blue with pearl sparkle (Frost)
- Bird of Prey – dark olive green with sparkle (Frost)
- The Naked Time – taupe pearl with sparkle (Frost)
Superstick Liquid Eye Liner – $22.00 US / $25.50 CAD
- There’s On the Hunt – true black
- Nocturnal – bright silver pearl
- Pure Show – bright yellow gold pearl
Mascara – $16.00 US / $19.50 CAD
- Wink of an Eye
Studio Nail Lacquer – $14.00 US / $16.50 CAD
- Skin of Evil – yellowish green with black chunks (Frost)
- Holla-Deck – gold sparkle (Frost)
- Enterprise – silver chrome (Frost)
Makeup Brushes – $25.00 US / $30.00 CAD
- 184 Duo Fibre Fan Brush
- 246 Synthetic Fluffy Eye Brush
U.S. Launch Date – September 2016
Europe Launch Date – September 2016
For more information and great videos visit the MAC Cosmetics Web Site
BONUS! STAR TREK FASHION
THE COSMIC WOMEN OF STAR TREK NOT ONLY MADE THE SERIES IMMORTAL, THEIR POWERFUL SENSE OF STYLE SENT SPACE-AGE FASHION TO A NEW FRONTIER.
Star Trek brought street style to space and back to Earth again. For more fun and fashion MAC Cosmetics offers an exploration of another universe, that of Star Trek Style. (a fun read on the MAC Cosmetics Star Trek Collection Web Page)