The Advice Sisters Beauty and Style (advicesisters.com) is the first online advice site and online magazine for women offering advice about the things that help make life easier, more successful, more satisfying, and more beautiful.
Founded by Alison Blackman and her twin sister Jessica Freedman, the Advice Sisters has been in continuous operation since 1997. Alison and Jessica are also widely credited with bringing the infotainment genre online.
Advicesisters.com has always offered genuine advice, information, inspiration, and motivation to their sophisticated adult female readers. Our articles resonate with readers because they are created as well-written, detailed, responsibly-produced content offering information, inspiration, education, and motivation in an entertaining yet serious format. Our online magazine today advises readers about all things beauty, fashion, lifestyle, travel, tech, food and beverages, entertainment, wellness, home, and trends.
|Alison Blackman||Editor in Chief, Publisher, Beauty, Fashion Travel Editor|
|John Dunham||Food and Spirits Editor|
|Anthony Sabatini||Technology Editor|
|Chloe Aiello||Youth Editor|
|Michelle Touchet||Entertainment Editor|
|Roberta Brown||Lifestyles Editor|
|Norma McCallister||Trends Editor|
|Carolyn Cravins||Wellness Editor|
|Jennifer Weis||Contributing Writer|
|Julia Driagos||Contributing Writer|
Write For Us (please read this section before pitching a story):
Are you interested in sharing your experience? Adding to your portfolio? Gaining more interest in your work or blog? The Advice Sisters Beauty and Style accepts guest posts.
We welcome writers whose are influencers, taste-makers, and experts in their field.
What We’re Looking For:
*when pitching us, use our Contact Form to tell us about your credentials, include some links to stories you have already published, and whether or not you’ll be including paid links (be honest, we can tell when a story has paid links in which case it’s advertising and has a fee attached to it). We won’t respond to pitches that aren’t personal. Don’t tell us that you know our site, give us some proof.
1. Articles must obviously be well written, original (we don’t accept re-cycled articles) and exclusive to advicesisters.com with original photos or free-use photos (we check).
2. Articles must be relevant to a sophisticated female audience. Please consider writing about something of current interest that people are actively searching for in search engines– not just a general fluff piece.
3. Please make your article 600 words minimum in text so we can copy, paste and make any edits right in WordPress.
4. Send jpegs as an attachment, don’t add them to the text document.
5. We use No-Follow links only.
6. We will include outbound links related to the content in your article, not just links to your own websites or sponsor sites. We decide whether or not sponsored links are appropriate to our audience. We will include a link to your own website or social media with your post.
7. Please provide an author bio/
8. Before submitting, check out advicesisters.com and understand our website, the topics we cover, and our audience.
9. Advertising links are added at our discretion. If you are getting compensated for content or links and we agree to publish them we expect to share the profits.
What We’re NOT Looking for:
We are open to new ideas but our content is for adult women. We don’t cover children or parenting topics and issues.
Advertising inquiries are welcome (see our media kit) but we ignore and delete political rants and other completely non-relevant emails.
If you’re interested in becoming an editor of one of our sections, contact Alison Blackman, Editor in Chief, Advice Sisters Beauty and Style/
Advicesisters.com has a number of major column areas. Use our Contact Form and your story idea will be directed to the appropriate editor.