• Hervé Léger by Max Azria receives the distinguished title of “Mercedes-Benz Presents” designer for the Fall 2011 season. As part of the Presents program, Mercedes-Benz is integrating designs by Hervé Léger by Max Azria into a display themed “Bound by Seduction,” which will feature the newly redesigned 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG, as a way to accentuate the vehicle’s shape and alluring characteristics. The installation can be viewed by all attendees entering the lobby tent of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
• The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Force is going on patrol in the new 2012 CLS 63 AMG to spot “stylesetters” with fresh, creative design looks and alluring appeal. Celebrity stylist Brad Goreski and a team of Fashion Enforcers are on duty for five days during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week carrying out its mission. Each “stylesetter” chosen is awarded a ride to their next destination and a lucky few will receive an invitation to the culmination event in the Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge.
• This season’s Mercedes-Benz Star Lounge is getting its new look from the design team behind the newly launched DVF Home Collection. The Star Lounge, which caters to designers, celebrities, and Mercedes-Benz owners, is featuring a mix of DVF home furnishing and accessories to create a luxurious and chic experience during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center.
• Lights, camera, action. The 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK is making its U.S. debut during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. The roadster is positioned within an interactive photobooth installation in the lobby tent. Those bold enough to show off their style can be part of ongoing photo shoots each day with a chance to be featured in “THE FIX” section of The Daily throughout the week.
• The Perfect Fit for Fashion, DHL is returning to the runways in New York for the ninth straight season as the official logistics sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
• DHL’s capabilities targeting the fashion sector, including fashion week events worldwide, offers full customized, integrated logistics solutions, supply chain management services and door-to-door deliveries.
• DHL’s global expertise, service excellence and international focus, which spans more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, helps customers in the fashion and apparel industry operate more efficiently and effectively.
• This season, be sure to stop by the DHL lounge in the lobby of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for the opportunity to win a trip to Miami to attend Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in July 2011.
• American Express is proud to return for an eighth season to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, connecting Cardmembers with the fashion industry through unparalleled access and memorable experiences. Once again providing an unprecedented vantage point of the runways at Lincoln Center, the exclusive American Express Skybox serves as a sleek, chic hideaway to elevated fashion experiences. Between shows, stylish Cardmembers will mingle with a who’s who in the industry, while gaining expert tips and insights from some of fashion’s leading voices.
• For the first time ever, The American Express Skybox Report will connect fashion lovers everywhere with access to all of this season’s best Skybox moments through an innovative and engaging multimedia experience. Debuting on February 10 at http://www.amexskyboxreport.com/ , the Skybox Report will include features such as video clips of designers, stylists and other notables; interviews with fashionable celebrities; slideshows of some of the best Skybox looks; a glimpse behind the scenes at some of the hottest boutiques across the country and much more. Plus, the report will feature daily Twitter contests to receive unprecedented access to the Skybox to experience a variety of the week’s best offerings- join the conversation now by following @americanexpress on Twitter and using hashtag #amexfashion.
• This season, American Express is proud to present The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Cardmembers Show on February 10 at 8 PM in the Theatre. Bringing together the winning and finalist designers of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund over the past seven years, the show will feature over 60 looks from designers including Alexander Wang, Marchesa, Prabal Gurung, Joseph Altuzarra, Derek Lam, Peter Som and Libertine that will be current in store looks. Proceeds from the event will go on top of American Express’s annual $250,000 donation to the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund (CVFF), a program of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
• To create a more seamless atmosphere for guests of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, this season’s Guest Services Desk with Concierge provided by American Express will provide up-to-the-minute fashion information and a variety of concierge-type offerings. In addition, guests will be able to stay cozy and chic this season with the introduction of a Coat Check destination within the Lobby that will add ease to the coming-and-going from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
Maybelline New York
• As the number one makeup brand worldwide available in 129 countries, Maybelline New York continues to be the proud official makeup sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York City.
• Maybelline New York, the undisputed color authority, will bring their vast beauty expertise and inspired creativity to the world’s most respected fashion platform.
• Maybelline New York’s Global Makeup Artist, Charlotte Willer, will lead the makeup teams of their sponsored designers’ shows, creating exciting looks translatable from the catwalk to the sidewalk.
• Maybelline New York will partner with a selection of well established as well as up-and-coming designers including BCBGMAXAZRIA, Betsey Johnson, DKNY, Cynthia Rowley, Catherine Malandrino, Vivienne Tam, Custo Barcelona, Carlos Miele, Max Azria and L.A.M.B.
• During two exclusive special appearances at the Maybelline front of house Lounge at the Lincoln Center Tents, come meet and greet with:
o Maybelline spokesmodel and music artist Kemp Muhl on Sunday, February 13th from 6pm to 6:30pm.
o Maybelline spokesmodel and trendsetter Erin Wasson on Monday, February 14th from 1pm to 1:30pm.
• For Erin and Kemp’s special appearances, the first five visitors will receive signed copies of Maybelline’s exclusive 2011 limited edition calendar printed in only 1,250 numbered copies. All the other visitors can get limited edition postcards signed.
• To discover Maybelline New York’s makeup looks for fashion week and find out about the latest and greatest spots in NYC, log on to www.maybellinelovesfashion.com starting February 10th.
• To get the insider’s scoop on everything Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, follow the Maybelline insider on Twitter at www.twitter.com/MNYInsider
• TRESemmé, the #1 styling brand in the U.S., is the official hair care sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
• The latest launch for TRESemmé, the new Climate Control Collection, is the stylists’ backstage secret to help keep hair looking salon-beautiful regardless of the weather.
• TRESemmé will be giving fans worldwide a sneak peek at all the action at Lincoln Center, including behind-the-scenes photos and videos, celebrity sightings and hair how-tos, via the brand’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages.
• Check out TRESemme.com, Facebook.com/TRESemme, YouTube.com/TRESemme and @TRESemme on Twitter, for exclusive access to the trends straight from the runways of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
Starbucks Frappuccino® Coffee Drink
• Starbucks® Frappuccino® coffee drink is proud to return as a the official coffee sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, ensuring that all attendees enjoy their coffee fashionably.
• This February in our Starbucks Frappuccino® Coffee Drink Café, we’re celebrating how high quality ingredients blend together to create delicious results by featuring the essential ingredients in our Mocha Starbucks Frappuccino® Coffee Drink – the finest arabica coffee beans, lowfat milk and mocha. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week attendees are invited to stop by for a creamy, delicious break during the day and hand-crafted cocktails in the evening.
• Attendees can also chat with the Starbucks Frappuccino® Style Correspondent, Amanda Garrigus, to express their love for the best looks of the season, share how they create the look that’s just right for their style, and be featured on http://www.frappuccino.com/ after February 10th. You’ve seen our Frappuccino® Style Correspondent, Amanda Garrigus, as a regular Fashion Correspondent for the E! Network, appearing on various programs, including “E! News” and “Countdown to the Red Carpet.” She has also appeared on a myriad of national talk shows with past editorial and stylist work for the likes of Flare Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, as well as Vogue, Glamour and Allure Magazines.
• Starbucks Frappuccino® will extend the fashion experience beyond the runways to fashion fans across the country. At frappuccino.com, visitors will get a behind-the-scenes peek at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week with photos, videos, exclusive events and start conversations with like-minded fashion fanatics. Plus, express their style and create and share their unique look with Polyvore.
W Hotels Worldwide
• W Hotels Worldwide is back for another season of its innovative, industry first initiative called Fashion Next, a program that fosters and supports emerging designers during and beyond.
• This season, W Hotels has chosen five designers to be a part of Fashion Next – Frank Tell, MANDY COON, Mara Hoffman, Michael Angel and Tess Giberson.
• W Hotels will take over the The Box venue during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center to host the official presentations of these exciting young designers, each of which was handpicked by W Hotels’ Global Fashion Director, Amanda Ross.
• In addition to partnering with W Hotels during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Fashion Next designers will have opportunities to travel to W Hotels globally for exclusive trunk shows, design limited-edition pieces for the next W Hotels Global Glam fashion and accessories collection, and collaborate with W on other fashion projects throughout the season.
• W Hotels remains the first and only hotel brand to showcase its own collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. On February 10, W Hotels will formally present its Fall 2011 Global Glam collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center.
• Curated by Amanda Ross, this season’s collection is inspired by the unique design personalities of W Taipei, W London – Leicester Square and W Mexico City. The designers include Fashion Next designer Mara Hoffman, Clare Vivier, Eugenia Kim, Twinkle by Wenlan, Deepa Gurnani, Paola Hernandez, Noir, I-Luck, Sibilia, Yarnz, Shaesby, Contego Eyewear, Myne, Catherine Nicole, and Posse.
• W Hotels’ Global Music Director, Michaelangelo L’Acqua, will create a soundtrack inspired by the collection, while Charlotte Voisey, the celebrated mixologist of W New York – Downtown, will create signature cocktails inspired by each destination.
• Following the presentation, W Hotels will hold a VIP after party with a special live performance.
• W Hotels is an innovative, contemporary, design-led lifestyle brand and the hotel category buster with 38 hotels and retreats in the most vibrant cities and exotic destinations around the world.
• As part of its sponsorship of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, AOL will return as host of the AOL Media Lounge. A full-service working media space in the center of the action, the AOL Media Lounge will provide a unique environment for press attendees covering Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Once again, phone chargers, printers, and hard Internet lines will be available to members of the media, as well as an enclosed interview booth.
• AOL’s StyleList.com editors will be covering Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in a number of exciting ways, including:
o Runway Reviews of the hottest fashion shows
o Backstage beauty reports of the next beauty trends as they come off the runway
o Video interviews with celebrities at AOL’s Media Lounge
o Coverage of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week by modern-day beauty icon Essie Weingarten, founder of Essie nail polish
o A mobile makeover bus, which will give New Yorkers and New York City visitors runway-inspired beauty, translated for every-day wear
• Diet Pepsi is debuting a sleek new look as an official sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
• In partnership with acclaimed fashion designers Charlotte Ronson and Betsey Johnson, Diet Pepsi is front and center in the fashion space with the introduction of the new skinny can to celebrate the sexy, confident icon of women.
• Diet Pepsi invites Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week goers to refresh at the Diet Pepsi Booth in the Grand Lobby February 12-February 15.
• Beyond the tents, Diet Pepsi Skinny Can and Simon Doonan, fashion commentator, will unveil the Diet Pepsi Style Studio, a creative pop-up window and public art installation, during the week’s activities Located at 362 West Broadway-check the Diet Pepsi Facebook Page, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diet-Pepsi/110128929013753, for timing details.
• Looking taller and sassier than ever before, the new Diet Pepsi Skinny Can offers the same great taste, with zero sugar, calories and carbs.
Kim Crawford Wines
• Kim Crawford returns as the official wine sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week hosting a striking wine bar in the main lobby celebrating the individual in all of us.
• A brand built by forging its own path, Kim Crawford has gained critical acclaim around the globe for its expressive style. Guests of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week are invited to taste Kim Crawford’s award-winning Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir wines from Marlborough, New Zealand.
• New this season, the Kim Crawford Wine Bar will host a series of exclusive events throughout the week with special designer appearances and previews.
• Raise a glass with us and toast to a week of style with Kim Crawford Wine at Mercedes–Benz Fashion week. To learn more about Kim Crawford, follow @kimcrawfordwine on Twitter, become a fan of Kim Crawford on Facebook and visit http://www.experiencekimcrawford.com/
• ideeli (www.ideeli.com), the fastest-growing members-only online shopping site in the U.S, is the first and only flash sale website to be brought on as an official sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
• ideeli will bring the excitement of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week to its nearly 4 million members by providing incredible “front row” access to the shows at Lincoln Center through:
o A week long Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week online “shop in shop” featuring curated daily sales from designers including Nicole Miller, Betsey Johnson, Adam, Adrienne Vittadini and more.
o Editorial coverage straight from Lincoln Center and the runways, along with the return of “My First Fashion Week,” ideeli’s editorial series that will again spotlight one first-time Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week guest correspondent.
o Live runway updates on Twitter and special Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week features on Facebook, including giveaways and polls.
o To join ideeli, visit www.ideeli.com/mbfw
The Heart Truth® Campaign
• On Wednesday, February 9, The Heart Truth’s Red Dress Collection Fashion Show will return to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week to unveil its newest collection of red dresses designed to celebrate the Red Dress as the national symbol for women and heart disease awareness. More than 20 of today’s hottest celebrities will walk the runway in dresses created by America’s top designers to inspire women to take action to protect their heart health. For more information about The Heart Truth, visit www.hearttruth.gov.
• Throughout the month of February, a selection of designer dresses worn by celebrities in The Heart Truth’s Red Dress Collection Fashion Shows will be auctioned off through a partnership with Clothes Off Our Back. Proceeds will benefit the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health on behalf of The Heart Truth in support of women’s heart health education and research. To learn more or bid on a dress, visit http://www.clothesoffourback.org/.
• FIJI Water is proud to be the official bottled water of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. As some of the most revered designers send their creations down the runway this season, FIJI Water has teamed up with Christian Siriano for the ultimate front row experience. On Thursday, February 10th at 7:00 p.m., the beauty and drama of Siriano’s fall collection will be streaming live on http://www.fijiwater.com/. Immediately following the show, Siriano and FIJI Water will be giving away an exclusive look from the collection to one lucky winner.
• As the week gets into full swing, FIJI Water will be hosting a special appearance by famed performance artists, “The Bumbys” on Friday, February 11th from 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Stop by their table in the lobby to receive a “Fair and Honest Appraisal of Your Appearance.” A little bit snarky and a lot sweet, Jill and Gil Bumby will be the real fashion critics this season in the tents at Lincoln Center.
• FIJI Water loves keeping fashion’s finest hydrated, please make sure to drop empty bottles in the bright blue recycle bins strategically placed throughout Lincoln Center. After all, Recycling is the new black.
The New York Times
• The New York Times will display a 42” inch touch-screen kiosk in the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week lobby that will be a photo-driven history of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week as seen through the lens of The New York Times. This co-branded experience celebrates Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York by looking back at some of the most stunning runway, behind-the-scenes and never-before-published images captured by Times photographers throughout the last few years. This artfully curated retrospective will be a vibrant look at the fascinating world of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week—from the frenzy of preparing for the shows to the striking collections of great Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week designers. The installation will be onsite throughout the duration of the show.
• The New York Times is celebrating New York Fashion Week with a wide array of editorial and digital offerings designed to bring readers into all elements of the shows. The Fashion section online (http://www.nytimes.com/fashion) serves as a launching point for readers to find all that The Times is offering.
• In addition to The Times’s in-depth written and visual coverage of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week from The Times’s Fashion & Style section and T Magazine, readers can enjoy countless multimedia features online from photo slideshows and videos to interactive and social media components.
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is an IMG event. The Fall 2011 Collections will be held February 10-17, 2011.
Copyright ©Alison Blackman Dunham. All rights reserved. The Advice Sisters is a registered United States trademark. No content may be used or copied without written permission. If you want to use my work, please obtain it legally. For more information, Email Me. You can show your interest and support by subscribing, leaving comments on my posts, and by following me on Facebook and Twitter (@advicesisters). You can also read and subscribe to my National Luxury Lifestyles Column and NY Cosmetics column on the Examiner.com.
*I use provided samples for most of my reviews. Learn more in the “A Note About Compensation” section of the Advice Sisters What Works Beauty, Cosmetics and Fashion Review column