What is “wholesome?”
The Dictionary definitions for “Wholesome” are all similar: “conducive to or suggestive of good health and physical well-being. To help keep us feeling good, The ShopRite Wholesome Pantry has hundreds of healthy products.
This is a special line of products that are USDA-certified organic items without artificial additives, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
I never realized they were available until the Advice Sisters Beauty and Style was offered a sampler box of snacks to try. Now when I go shopping at my local ShopRite store I look for the Wholesome Pantry products.
Testing Wholesome Pantry
- Wholesome Pantry Almond Butter (So creamy and good on everything or by the spoonful)
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Energy Mix (with bits of sunflower seeds, organic raisins, dried cranberries, nuts and dried apples). Great for adding to my morning oatmeal as well as to eat on the go.
- Wholesome Pantry Freeze Dried Fuji Apple Fruit Crisps (1 portable package). Satisfies the need for sweet and crunchy without the calories.
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Crushed Pepper and Truffle Oil Popcorn (an addictive blend)!
- Wholesome Pantry Organic Pecan Halves (nuts are an anytime snack..fresh and yummy)!
Why Wholesome Pantry?
You can buy popcorn, pecans, etc. anywhere. What makes the Wholesome Pantry line a better choice?
There is the obvious health component, but also, the sodium and sugar counts are low, as are most of the calories. For anyone who is trying to lose weight, but doesn’t want to compromise on taste, Wholesome Pantry snacks are winners!
That’s not to say that if you binge on an entire bag of energy mix or popcorn. However, the labels are easy to read so you can’t use ignorance as an excuse!
It’s Little Things
At the Advice Sisters Beauty and Style, one of the things we focus on the most is suggesting “little things” to our readers that help make life better. While eating healthy snacks may not rock your world, it’s a step in the right direction for you and your family to be more mindful of what you put into your body.
Since launching in December 2016, ShopRite has added literally hundreds of Wholesome Pantry items, including frozen, produce, dairy, and meat, along with more than 35 wholesome snack varieties.
If you’re looking for healthy, ShopRite can help!
Where to Buy:
Wholesome Pantry Products are available in ShopRite stores in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
For more information on Wholesome Pantry by ShopRite: https://www.shoprite.com/wholesomepantry/
this report was written for advicesisters.com by Wellness Editor Carolyn Cravins