It’s been a busy week for The Advice Sisters, and for some of the online beauty writers, too. Here are some “weekend reads” from other online beauty sites, and also one of my favorite Advice Sisters Posts of the Week, in case you missed it.
We also have a new Q&A and a new Pool on my newest advice website, Leather and Lace Advice http://leatherandlaceadvice.com. “Confused” has a boyfriend and hopes to marry him and have a family with him some day, but he never wants to do anything but lie around and watch television. Do they have a future together? Read her story, check out Alison and Tony’s exclusive “Double Take” (2 views – a woman’s and a man’s) for every question answers, and then weigh in with your comments and with your votes on our poll.
But first, here is the weekend beauty round-up!
- Fun Fierce Fabulous Beauty Over 50!: Find out why Sephora’s $16 Black Magic Palette is getting rave reviews!
- Mama Fashionista: Quinn shares her latest and greatest favorites from Smashbox Cosmetics!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: The Organic Pharmacy Rose Plus Marine Collagen Complex is a potent and highly effective anti-aging product that REALLY beats the competition!
- BeautyTidbits: A super-hydrating lip gloss and an anti-aging lip serum all in one? Say hello to the new Vitality Lip Flush Butter Glosses from It Cosmetics!
- Painted Ladies: Find out how Summer’s Eve makes it easy to be fabulously fresh and enter to win a $100 Spa Finder gift card.
- Peppermint Lips Beauty Blog: MAC Impassioned Lipstick Review, Dupe & Swatches!
- TheFabZilla: TheFabZilla officially ends her summer posts as she looks forward to fall. Check out what made it to her top 10 most loved products this summer!
- Luminous Lacquer: Borrow and wear Designer Jewelry? Very awesome! Check out her review of RocksBox!
- Midnight Manicures: Do you subscribe to monthly beauty boxes? Jeanie shows you her favorite, Wantable.com, and why she ended up with 2 boxes this month.
- Beauty by Miss L: This week Miss L did a purple & golden manicure.
- Geniabeme: The ladies of Makeup Wars are having a Color War! See what products I picked for the color purple!
- D.G.S.Beauty: D.G.S.Beauty shares her customized wristbands. Learn where you could a wristband of your own.
- Advice Sisters Beauty?Fashion/Lifestyle Website: Alison of the Advice Sisters explores a bunch of beauty tools to DRY For!
- The Stepford Witch: Looking for a radiant setting powder that doesn’t break the bank? Check out this week’s review of Mary Kay’s Translucent Loose Powder.
- Beauty 101: Looking for the best products to create the perfect nude lip? Casey from Beauty 101 has you covered!