I missed Zang Toi’s show last night for a number of reasons, not the least of which being shows are scattered all over NYC and it was Friday night (and 9-11) so traffice was hideous. But had I made it backstage, thanks to Macadamia Professional, I would have seen this easy hair how-to close up and personal. Eiji Yamane created the “Straight and Narrow” hairstyle with a distinct center part and long, sleek, shiny locks to compliment Zang Toi’s Spring/Summer 2016 “Splendor of Santorini” collection. You can get the look right now! (Alison Blackman, Editor in Chief, advicesisters.com)
Hair Look: The Straight and Narrow — Lead Stylist: Eiji Yamane
- Slightly dampen hair with water and create a center part all the way to the highest point of the head and evenly distribute Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion through the roots to the ends.
- Take back large sections and blow dry with a diffuser and the Macadamia Professional Boar Bristle Paddle Brush.
- In one inch sections, run a flat iron to straighten all hair and then apply Macadmia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Spray to create a sleek, lustrous effect.
- To add fullness and length, clip on extensions starting just behind the top of one ear, moving across the back of the head until you reach the same spot behind the other ear.
- Once extensions are in place, gather large sections and run a straightener through one last time to blend the real hair and extensions together.
- Spray Macadmia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist to boost shine and finish with a touch of the Macadmia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray to tame flyaways and provide light hold.
(not shown): Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Hairspray ($25; Ulta.com)